Sunday, November 16, 2008

Isabelle reflects upon her experience at the Language House

Salut!
Thanksgiving break is just around the corner meaning exams and winter break are soon to follow as well. This makes me realize that my third and final semester in the language house is coming to a close. I look back and think about how such a place of consistent comfort has brought such different experiences. It is astonishing what different communities result from year to year and even from semester to semester. Only could the ACH Language House program support such diversity; never to get old and always offering something new.

My three semesters in the French House has prepared me well for my semester in Switzerland next spring. I am confident in my ability to engage with francophone colleagues in Geneva, Paris, and Brussels and this I must attribute to the French House.

I have met unforgettable people for whom I hold the upmost respect. I love that the in-house community extends itself beyond Boldt hall as I find myself greeting the house members in French throughout campus and college town. The memories I hold of the French House are completely unique to my experiences at Cornell. For these things, I am endlessly thankful.

To everyone on the Language House, and the French House in particular, thank you for everything that you offered me. Enjoy the next two and a half weeks of classes and the upcoming holidays and good luck on exams and with next semester. I think I can safely assume that next semester will bring a whole new community to the French House as that has been my experience over the past three semesters, an experience which is, in my opinion, one of the greatest qualities of the language house.
Bisous!
Isabelle

===> Thanks a lot Isabelle, we will miss you :*(
Valentine

No comments: